Whether you are going backpacking, on an adventure experience, or on a business trip, if there's one item you must remember to carry, it has to be your traveling shoes. They provide comfort and support during travel and allow you to continue your exercise routine while on the move. They say travel light, and Brooks Running says wear light too! Discover how to choose the best lightweight shoes for your next trip.
Factors to consider when choosing lightweight running shoes for your travel
Lightweight running shoes are designed using soft, flexible materials and unique construction methods that minimize bulk and reduce overall weight, making them the best shoes for traveling. Consider these features when choosing your next pair of traveling shoes:
- Weight: The lighter the shoes, the easier you can walk, run, and move around in them without getting sore feet.
- Comfort and support: The best shoes for a trip should have essential features like adequate cushioning, arch support, and toe box width to protect your feet and provide comfort throughout your journey.
- Durability: Ensure the travel shoes are made using high-quality materials that can resist the demands of your travel activities, ensuring longevity and reliable performance.
- Breathability: As you may require to wear the shoes for extended periods, shoes with breathable fabrics and technologies that allow air circulation, preventing excessive sweating and discomfort, are ideal.
- Style & versatility: Shoes with versatile colors and styles are best as they can match any outfit, reducing the need to carry multiple pairs.
- Traction: Make sure the shoes offer excellent traction to provide grip on different terrains, minimizing the risk of slips and falls.
The best lightweight shoes for different types of travelers
Choosing the right lightweight shoes will majorly depend on the type of traveler you are. Some examples include:
As a passionate adventure traveler, you can opt for the Cascadia 16 - Men's or Caldera 6- Women's traveling shoes with all-terrain stability and good traction suitable for hiking, rock climbing, trekking, zip-lining, and all other adrenaline-pumping adventures.
If you love wandering the streets of different cities to explore museums, local cuisine, and famous landmarks, the best lightweight shoes for you would be those with soft cushioning and breathable materials that are comfortable for all-day wear. Anthem 5 Women's & Beast '20 - Men's are some of the best-selling options you can explore.
When traveling for work-related purposes, you need a versatile pair acceptable for professional settings and off-work events. Opt for lightweight men's & women's shoes —- Glycerin 20 LE Men's & Adrenaline GTS 22 - Wide Women's in neutral colors like gray, black, or white.
As a fitness enthusiast, you like to find running trails, fitness centers, and sports activities that keep you physically active even when on vacation. Brooks Running has the best shoes for traveling that promise comfort and durability in any corner of the world.
If you are a backpacker, you are often on your foot, exploring off-beat destinations! Long-distance shoes with enhanced adaptability, flexibility, softer cushioning, and excellent grip suitable for conquering all types of terrains make the best shoes for a trip like that!
Tips to pack your traveling shoes
Shoes often take up a lot of luggage space, making it difficult to fit in. Follow our tips to pack shoes for your travel effectively:
- Determine the number of pairs you need depending on the type and length of your travel.
- Clean your best shoes for a trip and stuff them with socks to maintain their shape.
- Put each shoe in a plastic bag to prevent soiling other items in your luggage.
- Arrange them in your bag so the soles face each other to help maximize space efficiency.
- If you have absolutely no space, the best would be to wear your traveling shoes instead of packing them.
Start exploring the best lightweight running shoes
If you have booked your next trip, browse the Brooks Running range of lightweight men's & women's shoes to make your travel comfortable! They are durable, adaptable, and versatile, making them the best shoes for traveling.